Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our Marriage

My husband Chris and I were married on October 5, 1996. A long time ago, huh?? Well we never prevented pregnancy from the beginning we just felt that if it happens it happen, Right? Wrong. It never happened. We sought help from by OBGYN but with no luck. We saw several doctors and it was always the same answer, my weight. At my highest weight before weight loss surgery in 2004, I was a whopping 376lbs. I know, that's a lot. Because this seemed to be what the doctors believed was keeping us from the one thing we didn't have in our marriage, I took action.

One evening when my husband returned from work I announced that I was going to have weight loss surgery. This was quite a shock as I had never complained about my weight to him. I didn't want him to know I was fat. HA HA. As if he didn't know already. After long hours of convincing he was finally onboard with my decision.

On January 30, 2004 my life changed forever for the first time. I had struggled with my weight my entire life. I cannot remember a time when I could go into a regular store a purchase clothing. Now that seems so sad and depressing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment