Thursday, June 25, 2009

Weight Loss Surgery

Having weight loss surgery was one of the hardest experiences I have ever faced. When I decided to take this drastic measure to lose weight I had no idea what I was signing up for. I went through a severe depression. I felt alienated from friends and family, we always gathered around food and I was trying to change my perspecitve of food. I felt as though no one understood and I was malnutritioned for some time after surgery. All the side effects that I experinced were very common for the surgery that I had. However much like the quad pregnancy, until you are in the situation you cannot fully understand it. There were honestly days when I wished that I would have died on the operating table. I cannot believe that I am admitting that but it is the truth. I had many friends and family praying for me and it was only by the grace of God that I was able to be triumphant. At the end of six months I had lost 100 lbs. WOW! I was so excited and proud. I established a workout routine and learned how to make healthy meals and choose healthy options when eating out. After the first year I had reached my goal and more. For the first time in my entire life I was at normal weight for my height, with a weight loss of over 200 lbs. I was healthy and felt FANTASTIC!! Even though everyday I do have to make a conscious effort to make the right food choices, I try to do my best. I want to raise a healthy family and teach them to make healthy choices from the beginning of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment